Mar 24, 2011

Like a Teddy Bear

Photobucket



Here is a poem written by Emily about her son Patrick, who we spotlighted yesterday. Read his story here if you haven't already - you'll be glad you did!




My teddy's my best friend, without a doubt
His side is stitched up and some stuffing's come out.
He's missing a button and some fur on his tail
But those things don't matter, I love him so well.

He's faithful. He's happy. He helps dry my tears.
He patiently bears being hung by his ears.
He's rough round the edges, but deep down he’s great.
I can't help but love him, with all of his scrapes.

Like I love my teddy, my mommy loves me
For all that I am, and for all I can be.
I may be beat up, even missing some parts
But I know she still loves me with all of her heart.

~Emily Hoopes

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails