Mar 22, 2011

Celebrate Yellow!

If every holiday isn't your favorite and you don't see the beauty in sunlight, shadows, and cookies, then you obviously haven't gleaned knowledge and wisdom from Bree of The Bugg's Special Life. If you like to enjoy life, then I recommend following Bree on her many adventures. In the meantime, I invite all of you to participate in Bree's yellow "holiday" this weekend! I'll let her explain....


We just celebrated green.
(p.s. you need to check out Bree' St. Pat's day post!
So fun!)

image from Pinterest

And at Christmas we celebrate gold, green & red.
4th of July - r,w,b.
Labor Day - white.
Valentine's - pink 'n red.
Halloween - orange
Anyway......

image from Pinterest


When does my favorite color get a turn?
Easter, yeah, kinda.
But it needs it's own special day.
How does one celebrate the color yellow, you ask?
Think sunshine, smiley faces, lemons,
warmth, happiness......
What makes you happy?
Gets you right in the sweet spot of your heart
and makes your soul do a jig?
Makes you want to shout,
"Hooray for today!"

image from pinterest

There's lots of ways we can celebrate.
Draw a sun on your kids' bathroom mirror,
bake a lemon cake,
pin a felt happy face to your shirt
and wear it all weekend,
read in the sunlight.

image from pinterest

Even more meaningful,
do something that will bring some yellow
to someone else.
Service.
Serving others never fails to bring
some sunshine to your soul, and theirs.
Send a letter to cheer up a friend.
Help a neighbor bring in the groceries.
Doorbell ditch some flowers.
Hold the door open for a stranger.
Donate some clothes or food.
Get creative.
This is going to be real fun.

image from Pinterest

And I think I need this to wear come Friday......

Found at 3ELove

image from, you guessed it, pinterest

Now go, plan, celebrate, and have fun!
I'm inviting you to join me
this Friday through Sunday eve
to celebrate the yellow moments of the weekend.
Okay?!!!
I hope you'll leave me a comment next Monday
and tell me how it went!
xoxo

Photobucket

1 comment:

Junior said...

Love this idea I will have to think of some fun "yellow" things to do this weekend with Junior.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails