Jan 8, 2009

Believe in Yourself


A State of Mind

Author Unknown


If you think you are beaten, you are
If you think you dare not, you won't,
If you like to win, but don't think you can
It's almost a cinch you won't


If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out in the world you find,
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in a state of mind


For many a game is lost
Ere even a play is run,
And many a coward fails
Ere even his work is begun


Think big and your deeds will grow
Think small and you'll fall behind
Think that you can and you will
It's all a state of mind


If you think you are out-classed, you are
You've got to think high to rise
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize


Life battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the fellow who thinks he can

12 comments:

April said...

Hi Tara,

So glad you stopped by! Come back anytime!

What a touching poem...and so very true! Thanks for sharing it!

Have a wonderful day!

Green said...

That is a really great poem!.. oh and how true.
thanks for stopping and for the help with vacation posting :)

paedstar said...

Thanks for stopping by. I am going to add this site to my list of blogs i check daily. Thank you!
abby

Diane said...

very true!! i might print this out for my brother. he's having a hard time with school right now. thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Thank you for the poem...its a good one to remember especially this week as we go talk about school possibilities for my son on friday.

Sherrie said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. What an awesome idea for a blog this site is. I will definitely be back to read. I hope it's okay if I link to this blog with your button. Thanks again SITSta!

Anonymous said...

Great poem!

Sandy said...

That's a really great reminder! Thanks:)

Jen said...

What a great poem and words of inspiration!

Amanda said...

Hmmm, sometimes I think I can, but it just never works out :(

Anonymous said...

I think I need to print this out and stick it on every visible surface in my house. It's really wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing it.

BTW, I love coming out here and reading the things you write. You really are inspirational! So glad I discovered you!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great poem! Very inspiring!

What a great blog you have here! So very cute!
-sandy toe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails