Aug 24, 2010

Walk and Roll

One of my husband and I's favorite pastimes is hiking.... It literally elevates! Well, when we were expecting Chloe, we had plans to get the nicest, fanciest hiking back pack for her so we could all enjoy hiking together.

We've tried them all. Her trunk and neck control is just insufficient. What a bummer.

Well, my favorite time of year for hiking is fall, and this year I decided to try to find some accessible hikes in our area, thinking I would be lucky to find just one. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are lots! We've got enough places to go to fill up every weekend with a "walk and roll" if we want!


I found these great resources and had to share them with you all.



I also found some other hikes that weren't listed on those sites just by googling "wheelchair accessible hike Utah." You could try that for your area as well!



In the midst of the complexities of modern life, with all its pressures, the spirit of man needs to refresh itself by communion with unspoiled nature. In such surroundings- occasional as our visits may be- we can achieve that kind of physical and spiritual renewal that comes alone from the wonder of the natural world.

- Laurance S. Rockefeller

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Love it! I'll have to see about these for Emma. I was also thinking about getting a high-end jogging stroller instead of always using her wheelchair - what will you use? If a jogging stroller and you love it, let me know the brand since it might work for us as we're still shopping around :-)

Devon said...

That's awesome!! Utah is so beautiful in the fall and I am glad you guys will get to experience it together!

And no, I don't mind at all if you share my post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails