Feb 5, 2009

Songs of Love

"It is no coincidence that Apollo was the god of both music and medicine in ancient Greece. Today we have empirical evidence that music is often a useful adjunct in the treatment of numerous disease states." ~Mark Jude Tramo, MD, PhD

(FYI - the following videos are worth every second they will take to watch)....

Thank you to my friend Colleen who shared information about Songs of Love on her blog. This song was recently written for her daughter, Kennedy....



Here is just one more video of a song created by the Songs of Love foundation....

For more information about this foundation, go to SongsofLove.org.

8 comments:

Junior said...

this is a wonderful group. Junior had a song written for him a few years ago and he still gets excited when he hears it.

Colleen said...

Tara I am so glad you posted about Songsoflove.org. They really want it publicized so they can get as many children and teens songs! Thanks for including our new song...of course I didnt realize my slideshow wasnt working completely...but at least they can hear her cute song.

Amanda said...

Tara, you always make me cry! I think it's an incredible thing they're doing!

Unknown said...

I completely agree about the healing, rejuvinating power of music. What a wonderful org!

Nana said...

O.K. Chloe needs herself a song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you on it yet?

Anonymous said...

Music is definitely healing!

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm so fustrated my sound is not working right now :(

I wonder what my children did to it.

Stephanie said...

Tara,

Thank you so much for this post!! I come from a family of musicians and have had songs written for and about me and feel very blessed. I'm headed over to check out Songs of Love....when I dry the tears running down my cheeks. ;) Hearing these songs definitely moved me! Again, thank you for all that you do!

~Big Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails