Feb 22, 2009

Shine Brightly


My new friend Estela shared this on her blog, and it was too good to keep to myself....

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~Marianne Williamson


Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. ~Matt 5:16




Marie of Serendipity-Doo-Dah won yesterday's giveaway,
the playdough!


Today's commenters will be entered to win the heart-shaped crayons.

25 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

What great advice. Let your light shine! I love it.
One of my favorite scriptures by the way!

Have a great day!

Shelly said...

I've never thought about that before. I really like that.

Vickie said...

I needed to read that today. Thanks for sharing:)

These crayons are cool. My kids would love them.

G said...

I love hearts!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Look at all that I have been missing on your site this week, Tara. A ton of give-aways and your very fabulous new design. You look good made over.

It is high time we made our love for your blog more official than simply following. I'm picking up your button today. You are the one and only girl that we would feature.

-Wenda

Marci said...

What a wonderful quote and a great way to start my Sunday!
marci6tx at msn dot com

Merinda Reeder said...

I have always loved that quote - and need reminding. Too often I think we try to just blend in.

amy & lisa said...

I really like that quote! I'm saving it and posting it on my fridge. :)
Thanks for sharing.

Colleen said...

I know I try to blend in most times...but when it comes to advocating for my family I feel I do shine!

Emma said...

One of my favorite scriptures!!! I use it on my kids all the time to make sure they are behaving when I am not around!!!!

Celine said...

I loved that quote!
Simply wonderful.

Claremont First Ward said...

What a wonderful message for today!

Amanda said...

I thought Mya Angelou said that...?

Nana said...

As usual, you have brigtened my day in more ways than one.

Kristina P. said...

These crayons are so cute!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i love those crayons...saw them on etsy the other day and thought about making them, but i'd rather win them! ha!

shine...reminds me of the newsboys song. love it!!!

momonamisson said...

very well said.

Valerie said...

I loved that I also love that Bible verse. Congrats to yesterday's winner. Hope your having a great weekend Tara.

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Hannah said...

A great quote!

Suzanne C said...

That's a great one!

Nicole said...

we are all meant to shine. . . thanks for the post!.
~Nicole

Dana said...

LOved the comment for today. We are all way to full of self doubt.
Thanks for sharing

The High Family said...

Great quote!

Happy Sunday!!

Stephanie said...

You are such a wonderful person, Tara! Talk about letting your light shine... :)

I needed this message today and am grateful that I found it here.

~Big Hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails