Jan 26, 2009

The Year of the Ox

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Here are few ideas to do with the kids to ring in the year of the ox....





A Child Chosen shows how to make these easy and cute paper lanterns!





Activity Village gives lots of free printable coloring pages perfect to help the kids celebrate the Chinese New Year!



Little Birdie Secrets shares the recipe and tutorial to make homemade egg rolls. Mmmmm my mouth is watering! I'm definitely making these for dinner tonight!


For more ideas for the Chinese New Year, go back to last Monday's post here.
And remember to stop by Nana's Kitchen for other recipes!

Now.... onto the giveaway! Last week's commenters were put into a drawing to win a $25 gift certificate to Restaurant.com. And the winner is....

Melissa of My Little World: choo-choos, cars & lipgloss. Congrats Melissa!

This week's giveaway is a $10 donation to a charity of your choice via JustGive.org. Support kidz and your favorite charity by leaving lots of comments this week!!!

Happy Chinese New Year and have a great week!

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Great, delicious ideas!

Rajani said...

hello from dubai, thanks for taking time out to stop by my blog and leaving your comments :)

you have a very creative and fun blog!

Jo-Ann said...

Oh my gosh! Have not seen those lanterns since I was in school, and no, I am not going to say how long ago that was! Will have to make some of those with they boys.

Thanks for the reminder!

Nana said...

Wow, you are a busy bee. I love all your ideas. I am so glad you put that pic. in for me. I was sad that I didn't have it. You always think of everything. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Cute ideas!

Yay Melissa!!!

Happy New Year!

Colleen said...

I love your idea for the comment giveaway this week!

Amanda said...

I remember making those little lanterns in kindergarten :)

Devon said...

Dang, those eggrolls look SO good!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thank you so much Tara! And thanks for these Chinese New Year activities. Aiden and I will have to celebrate tonight!

CC said...

I made and posted about those lanterns on my blog today too!

Pam said...

Mmmm those egg rolls look super yummy. I totaally need to make those!!

Keri said...

Oh gosh, eggrolls to drool over. They look delicious!

Stephanie said...

Those eggrolls look delicious!

I remember making paper lanterns when I was little....so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats to Melissa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails