Jan 16, 2009

Staying Warm & Having Fun


As I've been meandering through the blogosphere the last few days, I've seen a LOT of posts about how cold it is! So I thought this week's family fun post needed to give everyone some good INDOOR activities for the family. Here they are....



Make and Takes gave several snowman links, and here are my favorite three:






Ramblings of a Crazy Woman's Snowman Mobile





Chic Cookie Kits' edible treat, the "I'm Melting!" Snowman Cookie


(isn't he cute???)



and don't forget Whisk: a Food Blog's Snowman Milkshake



Then for another craft project. The post that shows how to make these says, "It is really an easy activity." Hello! We LOVE easy activities! So I had to share....


Head over to Skip To My Lou to find out how to make these Shrinky Dinks with #6 recycled plastic.




And don't forget - the Chinese New Year is coming up on January 26th! Here are a few ideas to help you get ready for the party....






Hot Diggity Dog Blog shows how to make these Party Hats


!




Little Birdie Secrets shared these fab fortune cookie ideas....






For you calorie counters who are still sticking to your
New Year's resolution, For the Love of Paper's
paper fortune cookies will be right up your alley!

Or if you want to make your own fortune cookies, here's the recipe!


And there's a perk to making your own fortune cookies.... As Little Birdie Secrets suggested, you can create your own fortunes to tell the kids things you want them to do; i.e. You will take out the garbage; You will do your math homework; etc. Just think of the possibilities!




If you want more recipe ideas, head over to Nana's Kitchen and see what's cookin'.





Stay warm everyone!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! Thanks!

Diane said...

shrinky dinks?? wow! a blast from the past! i had smurf shrinky dinks and they were sooo cool!
i really like the melting snowman!
we have a snow day today, so i know we'll be doing something artsycraftsy.
thanks for the ideas!

Sandy said...

Those snowman milkshakes were my favorite! Too cute:)

Colleen said...

oh thank you...I am so totally making those melting snowman cookies...they are so cute!

Kristina P. said...

Those milkshakes are awesome!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

seriously fun snowman melting cookies! i want to eat them...making them would be work!

Nana said...

I like those cookies. I need an excuse to make more ginger cookies. Hmmmmm. Thanks for you help with my blog. I love the new buttons.

Amanda said...

Oh, I can't wait for the day when I can tell my kids to take out the garbage and do the dishes...

AndreaLeigh said...

that snowman cookie is adorable!

Cristin said...

I need to check in here more often.. great ideas!

Amberella said...

So many great links/activities today! I NEED to do that homemade shrinky dinks I've been seen everywhere.

The High Family said...

I love the snowman cookie but the snomen milkshakes look even better! YUMMY!!! I will definitely be trying this recipe.

Thanks a bunch and have a great weekend! :)

Bobbi

Keri said...

Oh goodness, check out those yummy treats. I'm drooling over those cutely put together milkshakes. I'd give anything to have one about now cause I'm starving! Okay, moving on... love the super fun activities, especially the shrinky dinks.

Junior said...

Great ideas, we are always looking for new crafts to try.

April said...

Thanks for the great ideas, and for the good that you do! Hope your little girl is doing well!

WheresMyAngels said...

The shrinky dink one has me so excited. I can't wait to try it.

Lindsay said...

Seriously - I LOVE some of these ideas! I wish I were that creative. I've been totally inspired by etsy lately, too. Sewing machine, here I come!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails