May 1, 2012

Independent Living

Photobucket 
I'm going through something that I know many of you have also faced: trying to get equipment covered through insurance. Ugh! I was expressing my frustrations to someone and was directed to the Utah Independent Living Center. I've only talked to them once and I feel like an incredible weight has been lifted from my shoulders! I explained which equipment pieces we are wanting for Chloe. They were eager to help me navigate the insurance appeal process and even offered some pieces of equipment to borrow until we get what we have requested from the insurance. And after I looked over their website, I realize they offer even more services.

Seriously, how have I not heard of this before!?!



I know what most of you are thinking. Well, great, but I don't live in Utah.

No worries, here are some great resources!!!....

Center for Independent Living : CIL provides services, support, and advocacy to enhance the rights and abilities of people with disabilities to actively participate in their communities and to live self-determined lives.

ILRU - Directory for Centers of Independent Living (just pick your state!)


NCIL - NCIL advances independent living and the rights of people with disabilities through consumer-driven advocacy. NCIL envisions a world in which people with disabilities are valued equally and participate fully.

Photobucket

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails