Dec 1, 2011

Now I Can Photographic Documentary Book





This time of year it seems like everyone around the world opens their hearts and their wallets to help those around them. It's actually quite a beautiful thing. Part of me doesn't care that it's only during this time of year that people seem more charitable. It seems appropriate, really, that if there is only 1 time of year when we all open our hearts to more giving of our time, talents, and physical means...it would be now. It makes me happy. If you happen to be looking for a good cause in which to help or donate to, I have an opportunity for you here.


Many of you know that Samantha attended therapy at Now I Can this past Fall. It was fantastic and we will return in March 2012. While we were there, I met a photographer, Michael Ririe, who became attached to these children. He has devoted his time and talents to spreading the word, through is talent, about Now I Can ~ and our children. Most recently, he has put a book together filled with pictures and written contributions from families. It is beautiful. He's waiting to gather the funds for publication. Maybe it's 'cause my baby girl in it a few times and I actually wrote in the book...I mean, that is kind of cool...but I want this book published. I really do believe this book will make a difference. His previous work to draw attention to Now I Can was a success, but he's turned it up a notch with this book. In creating a book of professional photographs that showcase these children...their beauty, spirit, and drive...as well as what is written about them, we are hoping to bring more awareness and raise funds for the center -- allowing more financial assistance to families like us. We were recipients of a grant that helped cover some of the expense. That extra money made a big difference to us and insured Samantha's return to Now I Can. What if every family in need could send their child to Now I Can with some kind of financial assistance? What is the potential of this small book? It will raise awareness. It will tell the real story to future possible donors. And ALL proceeds generated will go back to Now I Can therapy grant fund. 100%. That money will go towards Sammy. It could go to your child. $1? $5? $12.75? $25. More? We have 348 "registered" followers on Kidz. What if we all donated $5? That's $1,740. Pretty cool. Anyway. Check out the link to Kickstarter -- Now I Can -- A Photographic Documentary Book and watch the video. And decide. If enough people don't support it and the book doesn't happen, your donation won't be charged. You won't "lose" a thing. We have until December 31. But if there are enough of us, and this book does happen, you could be one of the many helping families just like ours.


The video, alone, is worth a look.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Michael Ririe said...

Jeanette,

Thank you so much for everything you are doing to help spread the word about this book. Working with all these amazing patients at Now I Can has been incredible, an opportunity second to none. These children have such an amazing impact on everyone they come in contact with. Publishing this book will be able to extend the effects they can have to places they cannot be. That means more smiles, and more happy tears in the world, something we all need.

Thank you again, and I would be so appreciative of anyone who could donate and spread the word!

Michael Ririe

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails