May 8, 2011

Special Tribute to Mom, A Letter From Your Child

A Mother's Day tribute from Special Needs Mom, Suzanne.



Dear Mom,

Even without my words,
you have always known my needs.
When I am hurting or afraid, frustrated or fatigued,
You gather me home
into the safety of your arms.
You know what makes me smile, delights me and fills my face with light
You make my happiness.
When you sing my favorite song,
sweep the softness of my favorite blanket, across the curve of my cheek.
When you take me for walks -
and I feel the warmth of the sun , the cool breeze brush against my skin.
You disregard the words of others, telling you what I cannot do-
and then fill the hours of every day-
Telling me what I can.
Every day you see other kids - doing more and reaching further-
Yet you celebrate me
pushing away sadness,
you focus on the hope of our future
Letting my small steps, lead us always forward.
Never standing still, always in motion-
You move before me.
Your planning, protective and positive,
prepares me for success-
meeting new people,
new challenges,
learning new worlds.
... And in case I ever go
before I can whisper words of thanks,
or wrap my arms around you.
Know what I knew-
before you soothed me
into heaven’s sleep.
With you -
I live the fullest life-
see the understanding in your eyes.
your gentleness in every touch-
as you fill my heart with the greatest kind of love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, I would like to imagine these words as the thoughts of my own son.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails