Nov 25, 2010

"Thank You."

kidz



I find myself burdened today...

My day starts the same way it ends....

I check on my children and my husband. I am generally the first one up and the last one down.

Today, however, someone told me I was doing a good job.

As a mom, this is not something we hear often. As a mom to special children, this is something we need to hear more.

I am burdened by not saying thank you enough to those that touch my life without even knowing it. I am constantly and effectively inspired by the moms of other special children and their ability to persevere. It gives me hope in the midst of a bad day. It lightens my heart when I am feeling heavy. It lifts my spirits when I need to laugh.

So here's to you:

For the never ending conversations with well-meaning doctors

For the 2:00 am diaper change or glucose test

For the weight of making medical decisions

For the revolving door to therapists, nurses, and program managers (whom we LOVE)

For the oh-so-fun testing of the urine every morning

For the dirty looks you receive while tending to your "not normal" child in the grocery store

For the late nights scouring the internet for products, treatments, or information

For the equipment that IS necessary even if you have to fight the insurance for it

For the humility and grace it takes to advocate for your child

For wearing your heart on your sleeve while carrying your armor to every single doctor's appointment

For feeling alone because no one really understands you

For celebrating every single milestone in your child's own time

For seeing the beauty in a face(s) that society sees as different



THANK YOU



It is not said often enough!



~William A. Ward

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I love this! Thanks Tara.

Have a wonerful Thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails