Aug 29, 2010

Miracle

by Devon of The Daily Dakin

Sundays at church I play the piano for the kids' lesson. This last Sunday the topic was miracles--namely the one Jesus performed of healing and raising from the dead. They talked about Lazarus and the daughter of Jairus, as well as a few others I can't remember, probably because I had a little person who was distracting me.

Anyway, I got to thinking about this, and I shared some of my thoughts with the kiddos. I wanted to share them in entirety here.

Do I wish Dakin could be healed? Could walk? Of course I do. I often wonder why there are so many others who are healed of their infirmities but my son won't be. It makes me angry sometimes. Sometimes it makes me sad.

But you see, Dakin is a rather special little boy. Despite all his difficulties and hardships, he smiles. He radiates joy. He is the single bravest soul I have ever met.

So I am led to believe that while others are healed--and that is the miracle--Dakin is different.

Dakin is the miracle. He is the miracle in what he teaches others about themselves, in what he inspires them to be. He teaches them to be better, to love more, give more, to understand the pure joy of small moments. He teaches smiling when the only thing one wants to do is cry. He teaches others patience. Perseverance. Happiness. Laughter. Light.


Love.

Am I jealous of Jairus? Of course. I think I would be loony not to be. But in considering it now, I suppose it is pretty darn special to have a living, breathing miracle asleep in the next room. Wonder how I got that lucky.

2 comments:

Erin said...

These very same thoughts have been going through my head this month at church. Plus Charlotte was healed many times, but in smaller, though still miraculous ways.

Jenny said...

I love this and it is so beautifully written. I have often thought about this. I truly believe that there is a reason for our daughter to be as she is...and because of her condition, we've seen hundreds of small miracles ~ if she was "healed" would we have those continual reminders of a Heavenly Father who is involved in our lives? Maybe. But maybe not. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails