Mar 13, 2010

No One Like You



When I was pregnant with Chloe, I loved playing the piano for her. I thought it was a way for us to bond. I thought it would be comforting for her as a newborn to hear songs that were familiar. In those months when she cried often and it was hard to comfort her, this was one thing that did seem to help, so I think my plan worked. We don't have a piano in our home right now, but I still sing the sweet words, and she lights up every time!....




I like your eyes.
I like your nose.
I like your mouth.
Your ears, your hands, your toes.

I like your face.
It's really you.
I like the things you say and do.



There's not a single soul
Who sees the skies
The way you see them
Through your eyes.
And aren't you glad?
You should be glad.
There's no one, no one
Exactly like you.


1 comment:

April said...

SO SWEET!! I love John Denver :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails