Nov 1, 2009

Sickly


For the past 18 months Caleb has battled one illness after another. A few days ago I was rocking him, and I was praying about how I could help him be more comfortable. I started to wonder if I just needed to accept that Caleb is sickly child. I wondered if I was just in denial every time I hope for the current illness to be the last one for a while. But as I thought about it, I realized I'm not in denial. I will never see Caleb as a sickly child because I know him, and he is anything but sickly. Caleb doesn't let his physical limitations impede his ability to be true to his mission on the earth. I will always continue to hope for better health, but I know that Caleb isn't broken, sickly or compromised. He is Caleb.

Dear Caleb, Thank you for allowing me to take care of your sweet little body. Thank you for touching me with your light, even when you don't feel well. I hope that when my body doesn't always cooperate with me, that my spirit will continue to shine the way that yours does. Thank you for showing me who you are. Love, Mom July 12, 2009

3 comments:

Kelly in Texas said...

Beautiful! And so true! Thank you!

kelly
http://www.ourordinaryday.wordpress.com

Becky said...

I love your words April...I love the way that YOUR light shines through in them. Thank you for your positive example and outlook on life. xoxo

The Little Miss said...

WOW! What a wonderful post and what an inspiration you are to so many people. Your story is amazing and you do have a beautiful family! I am praying for you and just asking for Healing for your little one!

If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails