Oct 2, 2009

Beat Boredom By Bringing the Beach to You!


Today's post is brought to you by our latest member of the kidz krew, so first up let me introduce you to Heidi, Junior's mom!....


I am a single parent to Junior who is eleven and has been part of my little family since he was two. He had Meningitis as an infant which caused bleeding on his brain and left him with various disabilities and health issues. Chronic lung disease, severe asthma, seizures and kyphosis are a few of the things he deals with. Junior faces many challenges but is determined to make the most of each day, he loves life and always finds a reason to smile. He brings so much joy to my life and has taught me more than I could have ever imagined. Life is very busy but during those rare moments of down time I enjoy reading, sewing, scrap-booking, any sports, and of course hanging out with my little guy. (You can read more about Heidi and Junior at their blog: Junior's Amazing Journey).


As you can see, Heidi is awesome, and we are so happy to have her! Now, onto her fun activity idea!....


Since Junior can't visit the beach, the beach came to visit him! The day was made complete with a lawn chair, umbrella, and salt water for his feet....

We did beach artwork, and Junior thought it was cool to put real sand on his picture!....


No trip to the beach would be complete without playing in the sand, and of course building a sand castle, in this case it looked more like a sand cottage. (we used moon sand)....



A tie-dye fish mobile (find out how to do this here)....


Junior loved having his feet in sand....


And making footprints too!....


Junior also made a paper bag whale. Junior thought his whale needed to smile....



Here are a couple other beach ideas that would be perfect for an indoor beach part!....


Beachball treats by Not Just a Mommy!....


Sharks on the Beach Treat by Her Cup Overfloweth....



4 comments:

Diane said...

cool ideas! love the whale!! looks like the beach had a great day at Junior's!

Colleen said...

what a fun idea...you did such a great job....love the whale too, I saw that somewhere else too and thought it was so cool. I love how you set up the whole beach scene and love the pic of his footprints in the sand!

Janis said...

That is so cool!!! I love the picture of the footprints in the sand.

Cristin said...

Fun ideas! I actually live very close to the beach, but happen to not like going at all!! I'll file these away for a bored winter day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails