Sep 15, 2009

Strength in Numbers - Meet the Kidz Krew!!!

Because I want the kidz blog to be a place where we all learn from one another, I've decided to try something different, where other mom's do posts. I'll still do posts too, but we're shaking things up a bit! I think this is soooooo exciting! Especially since the kidz krew members are truly amazing.....



Let me introduce you!....



April, mother of Caleb

Blog: Wink From Heaven
(Read Caleb's story HERE)


I am the mother to 4 wiggly and wonderful boys. This means I am an expert worm digger, stain get-er out-er and tickler. We call our third son, Caleb, our "Wink from Heaven." Caleb has hydrocephalus, and his brain largely did not form. Doctors didn't expect him to live for more than a few weeks. Caleb is now 4 1/2 years old! He has a joyful spirit and is a little miracle in our family. Among his various physical challenges, Caleb is missing one of his eyes. Even though he will never be able to say "I love you" with words, he tells us every day with his "wink!" His little wink is a daily message of love from heaven. Although most hours in my day are spent taking care of my boys and their needs, I also love going to the library, putting on my fuzzy socks and curling up with my latest find in juvenile literature. I love Gerber daisies, chap stick and warm chocolate chip cookies. I enjoy music, being outside, having adventures (even if they are only in my imagination), laughing, and spending time with my family. My idea of the perfect day is being surrounded by the people I love. I get excited for BYU sports, and I get fluttery when I hear my husband come home from work. My favorite word is joy. My favorite smell is sunshine, and I believe in miracles.




Ashley, mother of Clayton
Blog: I Never Imagined

I am a SAHM. I am a Christian, passionate about my family--also a homeschooler, a scrapbooker, and a wannabe photographer.




Colleen, mother of Kennedy & Zachary

Blog: The Princess & The Monkey

I have been married to Bob for a year now, but together for 8 years.I am stepmom to Bob's twins, Corie and Cortnie. I am a Mom to two children, Kennedy and Zachary. Both of my children have special needs. Kennedy has mitochondrial encenphalomyopathy. This causes her to have many medical problems. Zachary has autism. Having children with special needs has really paved the path for our family. The path sometimes is long and bumpy, but we always push on and find our way home.



Tiptoeing Through the Tulips

Cristin, mother of Graham
Blog: Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
(Read Graham's story HERE)

I'm Mom to Graham, 6 years old. He's a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia survivor. Noboby is gonna know what that is. He also survived ECMO TWICE. Not many people will get what a BIG deal that is. Basically, he was so sick at birth, he should not have survived his first day, let alone the 3.5 month hospital stay as an infant, nor his first winter at home.

Results of his rough start are that he's tube fed, learning to eat and down to about half tube feeds now. Also, he lost most of his hearing thanks to the antibiotic Gentamicin, which he had massive doses of to keep him alive while on ECMO. He is also overcoming developmental delays, gross and fine motor troubles due to a couple brain bleeds while on ECMO.

I also have a normal kid. She's Dottie, 2.5 years old, healthy, ridiculously cute.

I work part time as a nurse, mostly long term care, Dementia, and Hospice (that's my favorite).

My blog is not for everyone, I understand that. I like bad words, and wine... the two appear frequently on my blog!




Diane, mother of Zoe & Trinity
Blog: Good Mourning, Glory!

I'm a Mom to two beautiful girls. I'm also an artist and I like to take pictures.




Keri, mother of Logan
Blog: Life of Logan

I am married to Jason. I am the very proud mother of Logan. He and his brother, Levi, are my pride and joy.


Kristina, mother of Emma
Blog: How Life Happens

I've been happily married to Chris for about 5 years. We have two daughters, Julia and Emma, who fill our lives with joy and laughter and loads of things to do that we find our life is more hectic than we could have imagined! Julia attends pre-school two days/week, loves to swim, dance and play on the swings. She is the sweetest little girl and best big sister! Emma is a social butterfly and a shameless flirt who makes fast friends with most people she meets. She was born with congenital CMV, a virus that I contracted in my first trimester of pregnancy, which resulted in profound hearing loss (deaf) and cerebral palsy. Emma uses a cochlear implant to hear and is kept busy with her doting crew of therapists! As for me, I am currently a stay-at-home mom that manages the day-to-day details around the house while making sure everyone is appropriately happy, healthy and at our appointments on time. In my spare time I love to read and take pictures and am currently taking a course in Photoshop to learn how to make the photos I take look good.






I know! Aren't they simply FABULOUS?!?! You will be seeing more of them on the kidz blog, but feel free to drop by their personal blogs as well and get to know them even better!

I am so excited to have a team to help make kidz wonderful! Thank you, kidz krew, and thank you everyone for your support!

8 comments:

Diane said...

yay for all of us on the Krew!! i'm happy to be a part of a bunch of wonderful people!

Junior said...

This is great, can't wait to read the guest posts.

Keri said...

Fantabulous! Glad to be part of the Krew!

said...

Stopping by via Good Mourning, Glory and wanted to say what a great blog you have here. Visually appealing and amazingly informative! :o)

Unknown said...

These children are so beautiful and special! What a wonderful site you have created!

Colleen said...

Thanks for including us in such a great krew!

Cristin said...

late to the party! I have to post about this today...

Hi everyone!

Patti H said...

found this great site from Ashley's blog. Great site!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails