Sep 27, 2009

Consider the Lillies




When I was expecting Caleb we knew he had significant challenges. We did not know if he would be born alive, if he would live after birth, or if we would ever get to take him home. This song brought me so much comfort during those months that he was tucked inside. After Caleb was born, a dear friend, who knew how much I loved this song, sent it to my hospital room in her CD player. I listened to it over and over during that tender hospital stay.

This same friend brought me lilies on Caleb's first birthday...



Take special note of the last verse:

Consider the sweet, tender children
Who must suffer on this earth...
The pains of all of them he carried
From the day of his birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And he will heal those who trust him,
And make their hearts as gold.

5 comments:

Darren and Jody said...

I love this song this verse is special to me because I have a little boy with a terminal disease. Thanks for posting it.

Love Jody Riggs

Becky said...

This song makes me cry EVERY.TIME! It's my all-time favorite. I never tire of listening to it. Thank you for posting. :)

Devon said...

I love this one, April. Thank you.

Candace said...

Hi April, my name is Candace. I have a five yr old daughter, Faith, with spastic diplegic CP. I love your blog and can't wait to read more. This song and verse is very moving and touches a special place that only a parent w/ a special child knows. So nice to meet you!!!

Amanda Ellis, MT-BC said...

Hi April! Great song and great verse! I love reading your blog and the variety you present on it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails