Mar 9, 2009

Playing House


I've recently come across these adorable ideas to help the kids play house. I have to admit, my inner toddler shrieked with excitement with all of these ideas, so I had to pass them along....




Katherine Marie Photography created this play kitchen and shares other links for play kitchen inspiration. If you truly want to create a play kitchen, you definitely want to go visit her site!



Martha's cardboard-box oven craft is adorable!




And what good is a toy oven if you don't have a toy pie to go along with it? Check out this link from Martha to find out how to make this felt cherry pie.


Zoho gives an entire how-to guide to create cardboard furniture.


UK Lass in US gives a tutorial on how to make this CUTE portable fabric dollhouse.

Thrifty Fun gives some thrifty and fun ideas making dollhouse furniture out of everyday household objects. You've gotta check this out!


11 comments:

L2L said...

I have been sooo wanting to get CJ a doll house and tea set, haven't found just the right one yet. We did get her a kitchen set for her 2 year birthday, I wanted wooden but all they had here was plastic, I am going to make up for it by making tons of felt food!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pottery Barn Kids has some super cute kitchen stuff too (although it's pricey).

Sandy said...

My girls love to play "kitchen" at our house. They are going to be great chefs one day!

Nana said...

If the economy doesn't shape up I may be making MY furniture out of cardboard.

Colleen said...

what cute kitchens!

The High Family said...

ahhhh this post brought back great memories of when my sisters and I played house!

I can't wait to do this with my children...especially Kara!!

I think we will get a kitchen set this Christmas for the kiddies...so I will definitely look at these sites! Thanks!!

Kristina P. said...

That dollhouse is adorable!!

Shelly said...

Sooo cute! I love doll houses and so do my girls.

Stephanie said...

These ideas are so cute! I'll have to pass them on to my sister for my nieces, thanks for sharing!

Nana, you are too funny! Of course, I may have to join you on that cardboard couch. ;)

Have a Beautiful Day!

CC said...

stop it! I'm not gifted in the crafty-area and have zero time but these are so cute!!!!

Lisa said...

Cute playing house pictures!! Pottery barn kids has a large choice of kids stuffs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails