Dec 29, 2008

Snow Much Fun!

Many of my cherished family memories come from time spent at our family cabin....


painting of the cabin done by my cousin, Dana Love


We are going to the cabin tomorrow and I'm so excited! Chloe has never been there in the winter and I know she's going to love it!


I saw this idea to make pinecone bird feeders at Full Circle:



I have plans to make these while we're at the cabin this week. I love watching birds, especially winter birds!



I'm also going to get some paper crafting done while I'm there. In between snowmobiling, snowman-building, sledding, hot-cocoa-sipping, and eating, you'll find me creating....




This paper pinwheel wreath! I think it is so cute and will add some whimsy and color to the indoors when the outdoors are so cold and dreary! Joann.com says this project requires no experience and will take only 1-2 hours to make. Perfect!



If my mom lets me take over kitchen duties for at least one meal, I'm going to make....

Chicken Soup With Rice. Mmmm don't you just feel warm and cozy looking at the picture? I've made this recipe once before and it was delish!


You just can't eat Chicken Soup With Rice without singing Carole King's timeless classic....


In January it's so nice
While slipping on the sliding ice
To sip hot chicken soup with rice
Sipping once, sipping twice
Sipping chicken soup with rice


Ya gotta love that. ;O)


And for dessert.....

Martha's coconut snowman. OH. MY. HECK. Isn't he cute???

I found this fun craft idea and book recommendation on No Time For Flash Cards....



Snowman Snow Globe


The Mitten by Jan Brett



What are your plans to ring in the new year???



I bet you thought I forgot, but I didn't! It's giveaway time!!! For all of you who left comments last week, you were entered into a drawing for a $10 charity card to the organization Just Give.



And the winner is....





Yaya from Yaya Stuff! Congrats girl!!!



This upcoming week, every time you leave a comment, you will be entered into the drawing to win....


This DCWV scrapbook paper stack! Have you all gone digi on me, or are there still some paper crafters left out there?



Be sure to stop by Nana's Kitchen for more recipes (and other random Nana-isms)!

15 comments:

Diane said...

Ooh I hope you have a great time! The painting done by your cousin is so charming!

I love the pinwheel wreath too!

And Congrats Yaya!

Susy said...

Oh have fun Tara!! Enjoy your family! Make a snow angel for us here in Las Vegas!I think I'm going to attempt the pinwheel also!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! And your cousin's painting is absolutely beautiful! I've been meaning to make some pinecone bird feeders but it's been so warm lately that I've been putting it off. We are definitely going to be making that snowman snow globe! Thanks for sharing!

Kristina P. said...

All such fun ideas! Have a great time, Tara!

Anonymous said...

The picture is great. It is going to be such fun at the cabin.We are staying home New Years Eve and going to my parents for a dinner New Years Day. Thank you for the links. I have an award for you on my blog.

Sandy said...

I hope you have a great time! Our New Year's celebration will be a quiet night at my sisters house. Bringing in the new year surrounded by family is the best:)

Natalia said...

I have to try that snowman snowglobe - too cute.

Have lots of fun making memories at the cabin,

Nat

Nana said...

I love the painting. Mike's getting his sinus's, sinuses,(i don't know.) done for New Years. It should be a draining day.

Honey Mommy said...

What a fun post! The painting of the cabin is fabulous! I would love to visit. My son got "The Mitten" for Christmas, and already loves "Chicken Soup with Rice". Maybe it has something to do with me being a librarian! :o)

We will be spending our new year's in Tucson- so sunshine all the time here!

p.s. I don't scrapbook with paper anymore, but I love making cards!

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much!!!!! I'll do that tonight and let you know what I pick!

Love that pinwheel wreath-I'm gonna have to try that!

We were invited to a New Year's Party, but honestly, after the Christmas hussle and bussle I'm just wanting to be home for a quiet evening this year, so that's probably what we'll do!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
Just sent you an email, but thought I would post it here too.
I chose to donate the money to the National Adoption Center because they help many children with special needs find adoptive homes. So I thought this would be something near-and-dear to both our hearts!
Thank you!
Alicia

Kelsey said...

Congrats to Yaya!

Hope you have an amazing time at the cabin. The picture is beautiful. Take pictures of those cute little snowmen, I want to see how they turn out!

Abounader Photography said...

Great Links! I'll have to investigate them today! i Hope everything is going well with your family :-)

The High Family said...

Tara ~

What great ideas! I love snowmen and oh.my.heck is right with regards to MS's creation. YUM!

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by my blog. I love visiting yours and getting inspiration everyday.

I hope you have a great time at the cabin and enjoy some much needed vacation time.

Happy New Year!

~ Bobbi

PS- I have a sister named Tara. I smile everytime I see your name!

WheresMyAngels said...

The pinwheel looks fabulous! Goind to have to try making that one some time. Hope you had a good time at the cabin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails