Dec 4, 2008

Light


"That which is to give light must endure burning."
--Viktor Frankl


I have been thinking a great deal about Mialee since yesterday's story was posted. If you missed it, you really missed out. Click here to read it.

It is my personal belief that Mialee's internal pain and torment causes burning to herself, but it has obviously given light to others. Her mother has come closer to God, trusting Him, feeling His peace..... she has been forced to study and research and find ways to help not only Mialee but her other children as well. And now because she has shared the information with us, the light continues to grow.... Mialee has been a source of light for many because of the burning within herself.

I believe my daughter is a source of light for me as well. Her physical needs and challenges help me innumerably. My perspective on what really matters is different. I am more accepting, patient (most of the time), I am more grateful for the smallest of things, and less demanding for the 'big' things. I am grateful to be the mother of a child who brings light, despite the burning it causes her.

Here are a few more quotes on light....


"The hero is the one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light."
--Felix Adler


"We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own."
--Ben Sweetland


"Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished."
--Michael Strassfeld


The black moment is the moment when the real message of transformation is going to come. At the darkest moment comes the light.
--Joseph Campbell


What are your sources of light?



Be sure to leave us a comment and tell about your sources of light.
And remember, each comment is an entry into the drawing for this week's giveaway. Which is....

2 Martha Stewart Craft Kits
The winner will be announced Monday, December 8th.


Don't forget....

to stop by Nana's Kitchen and see what she's up to today!!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I was touched by your post on Mialee. My grandson TOF is my source of light, he is a typical child and I thank God for that every day. He came to us during a very dark time in my life. Funny how God knows just what we need, when we need it.

Loriann said...

Hi Tara,
My source of light is Jesus.... He helps us through all we deal with on a daily basis.
He had given my extra "light" in my precious children. Sarah is 10, she is my first child to live past a few hours... Hannah is 8 almost 9. She is my heart string... both provide me light wwhen needed most, in their smiles, hugs, and in their "mommy, I loveyou" ...
I am so thankful that jesus is my true light, but that he has blessed me with four other lights, two in heaven shinning down on us, and two here with us daily.

I love your site, and plan on visiting often...
Maybe I can help bless someone else... throught it all, there is "light" at the end of the tunnel... healing through Jesus, whether it be here on earth, or in heaven no more pain... it is a light...
Have a blessed day..
Much Love and prayer's,
Lori and crew

Diane said...

This was a great post for me to read right now. ALOT going on with my oldest daughter. All the quotes were good to read.

My biggest source of light right now is the good feeling I have about myself right now, knowing what I've been able to accomplish for my two girls. It's hard work but at the end of the day, no matter how beaten down I might feel, I know I'm a great mom.

Anonymous said...

I'M POSITIVE GOD LOOKED ALONG TIME FOR JUST THE RIGHT MOM AND DAD FOR MIALEE.I DO HOPE I SPELLED HER NAME RIGHT.YOU KNOW EVERYTHING DOES HAPPEN FOR A REASON..ANN

Aunt Julie said...

Books are my sources of light. I read all the time! I literally CONSUME books, both fiction and non-fiction. When I'm without a book, I feel so empty inside!

Hey, I'm returning visits from the FanTAbulous Merry SITSmas Event the other day. Thanks so much for visiting, and please...come by my place to see how to Pay It Forward during this Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Maddy said...

I made one of those light prayers a few weeks back. I think it's a lovely idea.
BEst wishes

Nana said...

Chloe has been a great source of light to me. I can't even write this with out crying. Crying because I am so so grateful. She spreads that light through our whole family. I wish everyone could take a little peek into our family gatherings and watch our little children, Chloe's cousins love her. Take care of her. Play with her. In turn she helps them learn. Learn to accept,learn empathy, learn charity, which is the greatest love of all.

CreativeMish said...

My Savior is my source of light! I can't possibly express enough love and gratitude to him. He is always with me and always ready and willing to listen. He is the reason I am who I am and why I become a better person each day!

Mesa said...

My family is my source of light..I'm so incredibly thankful right this second that you stopped by my blog last night :) Heavenly Father sure does know when you need a pick me up and thats what you did this morning for me :) I love your blog by the way...

Bobby and M!kell said...

thank you for the comments. I am glad to read up on your blog. =) I have 2 boys that have adhd. I added you on my blog list. ttyl

M!kell

April said...

This is an awesome site.

Truly.

Heather said...

my biggest source of light right now has been my husband. we've been through a lot the last two years, but through it all he has been a comfort and positive presence. he takes care of me so well...and loves me even better.

S Club Mama said...

thanks for stopping by yesterday! I appreciate all the kind comments.

Avery Tales said...

Thank you so much for including March of Dimes and Soles 4 Souls on your listing of charities. The MOD is very close to my heart because of my daughter and I just thought S4S was such an amazing and creative idea.

A lot of people hear my story and wonder how I can be as cheerful as I am. I'm the one who says things like, "I won't let the economy get me down." The way I see it is that I've been through the darkest moment anyone can experience. Through losing Olivia I've learned that Faith in God is all that matters, the rest will work itself out with time. He's in control so why should I waste this short life I've been given with negative emotions about things I can't control. Losing my daughter taught me the meaning of life.

Thank you for your blog. It truly is an inspiration. I'm going to put your button on my sidebar today.

Hugs,
Lu

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post.

Thank you for reminding me of whats really important, I needed that today.

I have a son with Autism and have struggled through the years. The truth of the matter is that he has brought light into my life in so many ways. His innocence is rare in the world today, especially at the age of 11. I am so grateful for him.

Jeri Dawn said...

Tara, thanks, as always, for the reminders...Sometimes it seems to be that our lights are fizzling or being snuffed out and we are left wandering in the dark, reaching and grasping for any source of light that we can find. I am thankful for a Savior, for friends, for a best friend as a husband, and for my girls. My light grows and dims, depending on the day...but it will NEVER go out.

Anonymous said...

what a great question! just thinking about it makes me feel good.

i have so many sources of light. just one of them - these last few days, we've had the most amazing sunsets here in vancouver. blazing pink and purple over the ocean. i can only respond with awe and gratefulness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails