Dec 24, 2008

Jesus Once Was a Little Child

Wednesday's are typically set aside to celebrate the story and life of a special child. This week, I thought it was appropriate to share a few thoughts about Jesus....

Jesus once was a little child,
a little child like me.
And he was pure and meek and mild,
as a little child should be.


So little children, let's you and I
Try to be like Him. Try, try, try.

He played as little children play,
The tender games of youth
But he never got vexed when the game went wrong
And he always spoke the truth.


So little children, let's you and I
Try to be like Him. Try, try, try.


(Primary Children's Songbook, p. 55)


And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him. Luke 2:40

12 comments:

The High Family said...

Tara ~

That was a beautiful reminder of the holiday season...thank you. :)

Merry Christmas and may your New Year be filled with lots of love and joy!

~ Bobbi :)

Diane said...

Thanks Tara for all your hard work bringing us families together!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Beautifully said Tara!!

Nana said...

Perfect song!!!!!!

Messy Jess said...

I always love visiting your blog. So peaceful and uplifting. Merry Christmas. Jess

Sera said...

I forgot about that song. It has always made me cry, even as a little girl in primary. Songs are so powerful both the words and the music. Thank you for sharing this.

Jen said...

Very beautifully said! Have a wonderful Christmas and God Bless!

CC said...

Merry Christmas!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Perfect post! Thanks for sharing that! Merry Christmas!

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey Tara...I just want to wish you and your beautiful family a very Merry Christmas. I hope the new year brings you nothing but health and Joy!

Kristina P. said...

I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas!

Kelsey said...

I've never heard that before, very cute!
Have a Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails