Nov 24, 2008

Picture Wreath

I always like to give my parents and my husband's parents a little gift on Thanksgiving Day to kick off the Christmas season - a Christmas cd, a candle, an ornament, a decoration, etc.... This year I decided to create a gift that is not only festive, but also a keepsake!.... A picture wreath.





Here's how I did it....

1. Gathered some of my favorite photos of Chloe.

2. Narrowed it down to 9.

3. Used a dye-cutting machine to cut nine 4" circles with a decorative edge and an inner circle.

4. Cut the photos into 3 3/4" circles.

5. Attached the photos behind the circles.

6. Attached the circles to each other into one large circle.

7. Attached a ribbon to the top and smaller ribbons randomly on the wreath.

8. Admired my creation and took photos!


This is an easy and cheap gift. And grandparents will LOVE it!!!

4 comments:

Loriann said...

So cool, and sweet!
I think that I may borrow this ideal. The hardest part will be picking the pictures to use... (O:
Loriann

Vicki said...

This is such a cool idea! And you could tailor the ribbon to fit the decor of the recipients house too. I love it!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

Very cute!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

Whoops, hit publish!

I was going to add that this would be a great project with older kids. Maybe with pictures of them and the recipient.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails