Sep 14, 2008

Chloe - Dad's Perspective


Being a father has always been a dream of mine, to watch my children grow and be happy. From the day we were given bad news that Chloe might not sit, walk or be able to do all the things a parent wants their child to be able to do, I have struggled in dealing with that. But as I have seen her struggle, I realize that she needs me to be strong for her. I have come to understand that it's not what I want for her that is important, but that I will always be there for her and support her. I want her to chase big dreams, to give her any chance to do what she wants in this life. No matter what, she will always be my baby girl. Love you Chloe. -Dad

2 comments:

Jenners said...

Hi. You know, I've read your blog and popped over a few times but I don't think I ever really read your sidebar and your story about your daughter. I just thought it was a cool blog with great ideas for kids -- any kid! And it is .. but it is also so much more and I think you have met your mission to provide a warm place for special needs children and their families.

Deb said...

i am glad you linked up this blog, too. oby's post is so beautiful. it's hard setting aside dreams you've cooked up in your own mind about what lies ahead for your child and start living each day to the fullest. it's taken me years to figure out what he has in a short time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails